Hyundai 8000W 8kW/10kVA* Recoil and Electric Start Site Petrol Generator - HY10000LEK-2
- Ideal for site use, commercial use, tradesmen or simply home/garage use.
- Powerful Hyundai 459cc / 16hp 4-Stroke engine coupled with a superior quality Hyundai AVR alternator.
- The AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) keeps the output stable, within +/- 3% of 230V. This ensures it is suitable for power-sensitive equipment.
- 7.5kw continuous power, 8kw maximum power output
- Electric push-button start, ensuring easy power when you need it.
- Improved muffler design including a spark arrestor. This reduces noise levels and makes the unit more environmentally friendly compared to traditionally designed models.
- Low oil alert shuts down the engine automatically if the oil level drops, this prevents irreversible damage to the engine.
- Built-in circuit breaker which cuts off power when overloaded.
- Easily portable thanks to the integrated wheel kit.
- Covered by a Hyundai 3 year platinum warranty.
- Full UK service and parts operation to maintain your generator for years to come.
Powerful Yet Portable
The HY10000LEK-2 is a powerful yet easily portable 7.5kw continuous, 8kw / 10kVa* maximum open frame generator from Hyundai. Designed for both home and commercial use the HY10000LEK-2 is powered by the new 459cc / 16hp single cylinder Hyundai 4-Stroke engine. This is one of the most powerful single-cylinder petrol generators in the UK market.
Built for the most demanding of jobs the HY10000LEK-2 is an extremely reliable site generator, the single cylinder 459cc 4-stroke OHV air cooled engine generates a max power of 8kW.
Built-In Wheel Kit
Weighing only 94kg, the 8kw petrol generator is easy to manoeuvre thanks to its built-in wheel kit, rugged open frame and folding handles.
The Hyundai AVR alternator keeps the voltage output smooth, within +/- 3% of 230V. However, the AVR alternator is also rugged enough to handle the harsh demands of power tools and building site equipment and both The HY10000LEk-2 is an all-round workhorse.
Low Noise Technology
Using the latest low noise engine technology, the 8kw generator produces only 70 dBA @ 7m.
The onboard digital display meter displays hours run, maximum voltage and frequency. By making it easy to know when a service on the machine is due, you can be confident that you will get many years of use and will not cause harm to the unit, by missing a service.
Push Button Start
The HY10000LEK-2 is an easy electric start generator with push button start function that makes starting the generator simple. There is also a recoil start system to ensure you are never left without power. The generator recharges it’s own battery when in use.
When storing your generator for a long period of time, we recommend you either run the engine dry of fuel (run until the engine cuts out due to no fuel) or use a fuel additive to prevent the petrol from ‘going off’. Modern unleaded petrol, when left for long periods can congeal and clog the carburettor, it also loses it’s combustible properties and can cause problems starting in the future.
Fitted with 2x 115v 16A & 1x 230v 32A sockets to end facing control panel, to minimise damage to sockets when wheeling generator through narrow gaps and doorways.
Suitable for industrial and home use the HY10000LEK-2 is a highly versatile open frame generator ideal for powering power tools, compressors, welders, lighting rigs, garages, mobile workshops or sensitive home equipment such as laptops, sound systems, TV’s….etc.
With low service and maintenance requirements, the HY10000LEK-2 is incredibly user-friendly and has full Hyundai UK parts back up.
In The Box:
Wheel Kit with puncture-proof tyres
The wheel kit can be assembled in minutes and just requires two bolts to be tightened for the rear legs and the axles held in place by a single R clip for each wheel. The folding handle is already assembled and comes as part of the mainframe.
Covered by a Hyundai 3 year platinum warranty.
*kVA is based on an assumed load factor of 0.8.
*All non inverter or converter generators except HY3400 Hirepro:
Fitted with an AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) controlled alternator to maintain voltage as near to 230v as possible. Non AVR alternators have a large fluctuation in voltage and can damage sensitive electronic equipment. If you require a portable generator to replicate the mains supply, it is recommended that a pure sine wave inverter generator is used.
- Run Time (hrs) 12.5
- Displacement (cc) 459
- Engine Type HY460 - 16hp
- Frequency (Hz) 50
- Fuel Tank (L) 25
- Fuel Type Unleaded
- Machine Dimensions L x W x H (mm) (H x W x L) (mm) 700 x 650 x 655
- Max kVA 10.6
- Max kW 8
- Net Weight (kg) 94
- Noise Level db (A) 96 dBA
- Noise Level db (A) @ 7m 70 dBA
- Oil Capacity (L) 1.1 SAE15W40
- Power Output (hp) 16
- Rated kW 7.5kw continuous
- Speed (RPM) (rpm) 3000
Delivery Time Frame
- Standard Delivery: £ FREE- 3 to 5 days*
*Working days - Weekends and bank holidays are not included.
All delivery times are estimates only, most items arrive towards the lower estimated delivery time.
Learn more about our delivery time frames HERE.
This item has a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
What Happens If Something Was To Go Wrong?
- You will need to contact the manufacturer directly.
- Some items need to be registered when purchased, please check the contents of the packaging when you receive the item and register if required.
- You may need to present a proof of purchase for any warranty claims, a copy of your invoice will have been emailed to you and will also be available to download in the "My Account" section.
We have a 28-day return policy
Which means you have 28 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, and unused and unopened and in its original packaging. You will also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
Items returned through no fault of Spare and Square will be subject to a 20% processing fee (non negotiable), and the cost of postage incured by Spare and Square will also be deducted from any refund amount.
(Cost of return = 20% of items full retail price plus postage costs incured by Spare and Square)
To start a return, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at email@example.com.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. If you contact us after 3 days of receipt we can not process a return for damages.
For more information about our returns procedure please click HERE.