Hyundai 7000W 7kW / 8.75kVa Recoil and Electric Start Site Petrol Generator - HY9000LEK-2
- Ideal for site use, commercial use, tradesmen or simply home / garage use.
- Powerful Hyundai 420cc / 14hp 4-Stroke engine coupled with a superior quality Hyundai AVR alternator.
- THe AVR (Automatic Voltage Regulator) keeps the output stable, within +/- 3% of 230V. This ensures it is suitable to power sensitive equipment.
- Electric key start, ensuring easy power when you need it.
- Improved muffler design including a spark arrestor. This reduces noise levels and makes the unit more environmentally friendly compared to traditionally designed models.
- Low oil alert shuts down the engine automatically when oil runs low, this prevents irreversible damage to the engine.
- Built in circuit breaker which cuts off power when overloaded.
- Easily portable thanks to the integrated wheel kit.
- Covered by a Hyundai 3 year platinum warranty.
- Full UK service and parts operation to maintain your generator for years to come.
For Home And Commercial Use
The HY9000LEK-2 is a powerful yet easily portable 7kW / 8.75kVa* open frame generator from Hyundai. Designed for both home and commercial use the HY9000LEK-2 is powered by a 420cc / 14hp economical single cylinder Hyundai 4-Stroke engine.
No Messy Mixing
The 4 Stroke (or 4-Cycle) engine means there is no requirement to mix oil and fuel, simply fill in the relevant separated tanks.
Built for the most demanding of jobs the HY9000LEK-2 is an extremely reliable generator, the single cylinder 4-stroke OHV air cooled engine generates a max power of 7kW
Weighing only 89kg, the HY9000LEK-2 is easy to maneuver due to its built-in wheel kit, rugged open frame and folding handles.
The Hyundai AVR alternator keeps the voltage output smooth, within +/- 3% of 230V. The HY9000LEK-2 is an all round workhorse.
Low Noise Technology
Using the latest low noise engine technology, the HY9000LEK-2 produces only 65 dBA @ 7m. This sound level is comparable to the noise within an average business office, so does not cause any disruption.**
The on board digital display meter displays hours run, the output voltage and frequency. By making it easy to know when a service on the machine is due, you can be confident that you will get thousands of hours use and do not cause harm to the unit, by missing a service.
Push Button Start
The easy electric push button start function makes starting the generator simple.There is also a recoil start system to ensure you are never left without power. The generator recharges it’s own battery when in use.
When storing your generator for a long period of time, we recommend you either run the engine dry of fuel (run until the engine cuts out due to no fuel), or use a fuel additive to prevent the petrol from ‘going off’. Modern unleaded petrol, when left for long periods can congeal and clog the carburetor, it also loses it’s combustible properties and can cause problems starting in the future.
Fitted with 2x 115v 16a & 1x 230v 32a sockets to end facing control panel, to minimise damage to sockets when wheeling generator through narrow gaps and doorways.
Suitable for industrial and home use the HY9000LEK-2 is a highly versatile open frame generator ideal for powering power tools, compressors, welders, lighting rigs, garages, mobile workshops or sensitive home equipment such as laptops, sound systems, TV’s….etc.
With low service and maintenance requirements, the HY9000LEK-2 is incredibly user-friendly, and has full Hyundai UK parts back up.
In The Box:
- HY9000LEK-2 Generator
- Wheel Kit With Puncture Proof Tyres
The wheel kit can be assembled in minutes and just requires two bolts to be tightened for the rear legs and the axles held in place by a single R clip for each wheel. The folding handle is already assembled and comes as part of the main frame.
Covered by a Hyundai 3 year platinum warranty.
*kVA is based on an assumed load factor of 0.8.
All of our single phase generators have a kVA rating that is higher than the kW. This is because we have assumed the appliances you are going to power have a load factor/power factor of 0.8 - therefore the 'assumed' kVA rating of the load would be higher. This is industry standard and it is usually best to scope the right unit based on the kW.
- Cooling Method Air
- Displacement (cc) 420
- Engine Type HY420
- Fuel Tank (L) 25
- Machine Dimensions L x W x H (mm) (H x W x L) (mm) 700 x 650 x 655
- Max kVA 9.4
- Max kW 7
- Net Weight (kg) 96
- Noise Level db (A) @ 7m 65
- Number of Cylinders 1
- Power Output (hp) 14
- Speed (RPM) (rpm) 3000
- Starting System Method(s) Easy Electric Key Start
- Voltage(s) - VAC 2x 115v 16a
- Wheel Kit? Yes
Delivery Time Frame
- Standard Delivery: £ FREE- 3 to 5 days*
*Working days - Weekends and bank holidays are not included.
All delivery times are estimates only, most items arrive towards the lower estimated delivery time.
Learn more about our delivery time frames HERE.
This item has a 3 year manufacturer warranty.
What Happens If Something Was To Go Wrong?
- You will need to contact the manufacturer directly.
- Some items need to be registered when purchased, please check the contents of the packaging when you receive the item and register if required.
- You may need to present a proof of purchase for any warranty claims, a copy of your invoice will have been emailed to you and will also be available to download in the "My Account" section.
We have a 28-day return policy
Which means you have 28 days after receiving your item to request a return.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, and unused and unopened and in its original packaging. You will also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
Items returned through no fault of Spare and Square will be subject to a 20% processing fee (non negotiable), and the cost of postage incured by Spare and Square will also be deducted from any refund amount.
(Cost of return = 20% of items full retail price plus postage costs incured by Spare and Square)
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
You can always contact us for any return question at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Damages and issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. If you contact us after 3 days of receipt we can not process a return for damages.
For more information about our returns procedure please click HERE.